Speaking with Adina Lakser today. She calls herself a pleasure coach, I just LOVE it. Who wouldn’t want to know more about this?!
Some of what we discuss today:
1. What are some messages women get about sexuality and motherhood?
2. What are some of the challenges women and couples face with sex and parenting?
3. “I never want sex anymore…could it be hormones?”
4. What are some things women and couples can do to enhance their sexuality while parenting?
5. How can we promote positive sexuality development in our kids?
Adina Lakser loves helping women dive into the deliciousness of pleasure to embrace a passionate and meaningful life. As a single mother to two pre-teens, a dog, a cat and a houseful of laundry, she understands both the barriers and necessity of pleasure! Follow her at www.nakedparts.wordpress.com.
Resources from Adina OR that were referenced in the show:
Women, Sex, Power and Pleasure: Getting the Life (and Sex) You Want by Evelyn Resh
The article by Ayelet Waldman: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/27/fashion/truly-madly-guiltily.html?_r=0
Her book: Bad Mother http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Mother-Chronicle-Calamities-Occasional/dp/076793069X
Some resources for talking to kids about sexuality:
It’s So Amazing: A book about eggs, sperm, birth, babies and families by Robie H Harris
It’s Perfectly Normal: Changing bodies, growing up, sex and sexual health by Robie H Harris
Listen in right here and let us know your thoughts!